Coronavirus Information Notice:
From 14.3.2020 the public are being advised to stay at home Self-isolate for 7 days
from the onset of symptoms DO NOT ATTEND SURGERY
regardless of Travel History or Contact with a Confirmed case if they have:
New Continuous Cough
High Temperature (37.8 degrees centigrade or higher)
If they have serious symptoms they cannot manage at home to contact NHS 111
For more information please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
For health advice please see https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
If you don't have anyone to support you and are in need of assistance please contact Wigan Council on 01942 489018
or at www.wigan.gov.uk/bekindAskMyGP
Note: Only proceed with Askmygp if you are a registered patient at Grasmere Surgery
The easiest and fastest way to get any kind of help is with askmyGP. It saves us time too, so please help us to help you.
- Available 24/7 - we respond in working hours, 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- All our registered patients are welcome, parents and carers on behalf of patients too.
- You can name a GP if you wish (so long as they are working today)
- You may prefer a message, telephone, video or face to face response (please note due to Covid-19 we are not offering face to face appointments unless absolutely necessary after you have been triaged)
- you can sign up now with no paperwork
Welcome to Grasmere Surgery
We are confident that our website will provide clear and concise help and give our patients the information they require in an easy and convenient format. It has been designed with the patient’s needs at the forefront of everything, from checking surgery times to letting us know what you think of us.
Click Here For Your practice leaflet 2019.doc
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. The technology also means you can now do a lot of things from the comfort of your home such as order a repeat prescription or cancel an appointment.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our active patient group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction.
On Line Access
This practice currently offers the facility for patients
- to book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online
- to order online, view and print a lis tof their repeat prescriptions for drugs, medicines or appliances
- to view online, export or print summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and any other items agreed between the practice and individual patient
- to view detailed coded records.
For access to detailed coded records, if you are already registered for Patient On Line Access you will still need to read the access information leaflet and complete an application form. Once this has been completed you will be able to access your records within 14 days
If you are not registered for on line servies please visit reception and bring in one of the following: Photographic ID: Passport or Photo Driving Licence
Contact the surgery to find out how to obtain your username and password.
All patients registered with Grasmere Surgery have a named GP.
Your named GP will be the GP you registered with before we merged into one practice.New patients will be told their named GP at the new patient medical
This does not take away your right to see the GP of your choice when making an appointment
Online appointments have been temporarily suspended due to the outbreak of Coronavirus.
(Site updated 11/05/2020)