Access to GPs when our Practice is Closed
To help to provide GP services at a time convenient to patients, especially for those who work or those who care for others and need to wait for someone to take over their caring duties there are now a number of hubs in the Wigan area that you can access when our Practice is closed. They are staffed by GPs and Nurses.
The ones nearest one to our Practice are in Atherton and Tyldesley
- You would be able to see a GP during the following times:
- Week Days 18:30 – 20:00
- Weekends 10:00 – 16:00
Nurses appointments are available on a Monday and Tuesday evenings. Appointments are available for the following:
- Cervical Smears
- Contraceptive Pill Checks ( Not Depo Provera)
- Long term medical condition annual reviews
- Asthma reviews
- Diabetes reviews-(annual bloods need to be done a few days before the review date)
- Peripheral Aterial Disease reviews
- Ischaemic Heart Disease reviews - (annual bloods need to be done a few days before the review date)
- Stroke reviews
- Artrial Fibrillation reviews
- Heart failure reviews
(Ask our call handlers or refer to the website for the list of LTC reviews available - and book a double appointment )
To get an appointment please ring 01942 482848
NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do.
To get help from NHS 111, you can:
- go to 111.nhs.uk (for people aged 5 and over only)
- call 111
NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In a genuine emergency, you should call 999. Chest pains and/or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.